If your listserv server is at (at least) level 2014a, the "DMARC" issue is
removed and you can freely have subscribers and posters from any domain.
Unique Listserv technology does the heavy lifting.

If your level is below that, you must not allow posts from certain domains.

Some other mailing list server software has addressed this issue, but none
like or as well as Listserv.

Search "dmarc" for more complete descriptions of the problem, but the short
explanation is ...

If certain domains see email arrive from one of their users, say yahoo.com,
but was sent from a different domain, say your Listserv server, the mail
will be rejected, and in a fashion that some mail systems will consider the
rejection to be a serious and permanent error with repercussions to your
site, your list and some of your subscribers.

Again, at Listserv level 2014a or 2014b, there is no problem. No worry.

Cheers, Wayne