I have no experience with Listserv rate limiting because we avoid the
problem with networking and mail system configuration that includes a mail
server ready to accept bulk deliveries.

On the multiply by 100 issue, ...

If your list is configured with "Mail-merge= yes", then Listserv generates
a piece of mail for each of your 70,000 recipients.  Otherwise, Listserv
creates batches that are then sent to the mail system.  100 is a typical
batch count, but your server could be setup with a different value.  My
server is setup for 250, because I know my mail servers will accept batches
of up to that size.  ... and fewer batches means more efficient operation.

Cheers, Wayne