Gmail allows a subscriber of an external mail list to press a button that says UNSUBSCRIBE which is adjacent to the FROM: field displayed in the message.

Strangely, this button does not appear for LISTSERV distributed messages even though the RFC822 header is there.

In the first example, a non-LISTSERV message distributed by Starbucks had the UNSUBSCRIBE button, but in the second example (which was distributed by LISTSERV), no such button was displayed:

Anyone know why?
--

Pete
My tablet is my phone, TV, Radio, and FAX