Something is fishy with my list settings. In my moderated list, messages
are forwarded to the list without being approved by the moderator, although
the messages are identified in the header "approved-by:" field as being
approved.

I have tinkered with the settings on Editor= , Moderator=, and Send=, and
cannot seem to stop the problem. The latest mystery: two messages this a.m.
were auto-approved by the list owner (acc. to the header), and the list
editor was not notified of the post at all. (The owner is not an editor or
moderator.)

When this happened, I'd had the settings at:

* Editor= [log in to unmask]
* Send= Editor,Hold,Non-Member,Confirm

(No "Moderator=" was set; I understand that if this field is empty the
Editor receives all moderation requests.)

(The problem has only begun recently. Up till about mid-December 2015 the
list functioned perfectly well under a moderating team of three.)

I would appreciate thoughts or suggestions on how to repair this problem,
and esp. how to stop the ghost message approvals.

(As an aside: the moderators don't have a Pine - like system they can use
to forward posts via email and would really just prefer to use the
moderation interface at the web site and remove any possible option for
approving by forwarding messages via email altogether. I can't seem to find
a way to do that in the manual.)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Bob Judd
owner, [log in to unmask]