By the way, we are also having the same problem as Robert Judd reported in his e-mail of January 18, 2016, “Ongoing "ghost" moderator approvals”:

Something is fishy with my list settings. In my moderated list, messages are forwarded to the list without being approved by the moderator, although the messages are identified in the header "approved-by:" field as being approved.

and I wonder if this is related somehow to our spamming problems.

Jay Shorten
Cataloger, Monographs and Electronic Resources
Associate Professor of Bibliography
Catalog Department
University Libraries
University of Oklahoma
Co-owner, PERSNAME-L, the list about personal names in bibliographic and authority records