Sounds like you had a fix.  FWIW, editors and list-owners are not moderated in many circumstances.  Thus if one spoofs the editor, then presumably it would be posted.  Another form of moderation is "self" -- list subscribers are challenged to approve their own posting.

It may be that the spoofer will continue and you will need to employ more drastic techniques: create new modertor email addresses and .HH them from view.  It is possible that the astute spoofer esp. if they are also a subscriber, will be able to interpret the distributed email for the APPROVED-BY header.

Or perhaps interpret email headers, assuming that the web POST interface wasn't used e.g.,

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?P1&L=lstown-l

Pete