Because “Filter=” is processed before “Send=” to avoid sending confirmation requests to filtered addresses if using “Send= xxx,Confirm” (and probably for other reasons that I cannot think of off the top of my head).

  Eric

Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 16:03
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: bug or feature?

A list that I co-operate was the object of a single spam with a FROM:

Canadian-Meds <[log in to unmask]><mailto:[log in to unmask]>

and of course was intercepted by LISTSERV with the following error message bounce:

The enclosed message, found in the abc-L mailbox and shown under the

spool  ID 133342665  in the  system  log, has  been identified  as a  possible

delivery error notice  for the following reason: mail origin  is listed in the

"Filter=" list  header keyword (or  its default value for  the abc-L

list).

Now since the list is SEND= PRIVATE, and the FROM: is not a subscriber, why isn't this treated like any non-subscriber as opposed to one that is in a FILTER?

Pete Weiss