From: Brent Hetland
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 12:07 PM
To: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Brent Hetland <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: CONFIGURATION-OWNER is not able to add OWNERs to Lists

Hi All,

More Information
I made the change:          Configuration-Owner= [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
(of course I used the email address who is also the Owner of the List)

When she logs in and tries to add an Owner to the List from the List Maintenance tab, she now gets a message I would not expect:

The following problems have been detected in the list header:

*Configuration-Owner = …
Error: The Configuration-Owner= keyword may only be updated by the LISTSERV administrator.

PUT operation rejected, old list remains unchanged.

Ideas / Suggestions?

I notice that the Configuration-Owner dropdownlist shows “---“ and the “Specify” textbox underneath it is empty. So to me it looks like the Configuration-Owner information hasn’t been loaded, so this page thinks she is trying to clear it out when she does her update.

And indeed, when I go to that page as a site admin, the Configuration-Owner dropdownlist shows “---“ and the “Specify” textbox underneath it is empty.  When I add an Owner and Submit and then go look at the List Header, it has removed the Configuration-Owner entirely.

So are we sure that Configuration-Owner= [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> is the correct syntax / format?

Thanks In Advance,
Brent