Well, true, but -- at least in my 900-member neighborhood list -- it's not just current subscribers who are interested in archive searches. We always have members arriving and departing (typically a few per week), and often newcomers will want to know about, e.g., plumbers or babysitters. In those cases, the archives are really welcome.

I never noticed the trashcans, probably because my window is too narrow. But it's good to know I can delete a message in the rare event I'd want to do so. This is generally a very well-behaved group, which is why we've been able to keep it unmoderated. People don't want to be bothered by nonsense or flame wars, so they follow the usage guidelines. And members are added manually, so we don't get uninvited guests, trolls, etc.

Thanks for pointing out the trashcans, though!

Mike Feldman

Eric Johnson wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Remember. By the time you see the little trash can, all the current email subscribers essentially will have received the message.

Eric Johnson
Toller-L

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link:

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link: