No, e-mail is the correct vehicle. If you have a US phone and leave the country, you generally cannot receive texts unless you buy an add-on to your plan costing on the order of $40/month, which you can only do before leaving (at least for AT&T). And even if you do buy the add-on before leaving, you may be charged for each text. If you have a phone from any other country than the US, you can receive texts anywhere in the world but again a fee might apply.

  Eric

Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 21:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Approved without approval

As with Eric, I found this an odd response.  I saw the email but would have rather been looking for a text.
Cheers, Wayne

On Aug 10, 2016 10:37 AM, "Eric Thomas" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I recently made an unusually large purchase on my credit card. It was declined and by chance I noticed a new e-mail message alerting me to possible fraud. The message said:

I clicked and it said something like thank you, please ask the store to swipe your card again and this time it will be accepted.

What a hassle. It would have been so much more convenient to have an appliance click on this link automatically for me so that I wouldn’t have had to take my phone out, open my e-mail, and so on.

  Eric

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link: