Here are a couple of alternatives:

   - Push the addresses that don't want to be subscribed back in the
   process so they are not included in the bulk load, or ...
   - If A is the list in question, create list A-BULK as a sub-list of A.
   Do bulk loads to A-BULK. put people in bulk loads in A.  Give subscribers
   an unsubscribe procedure, for example in  bottom banners.   If someone
   wants unsubscribe, a list owner adds a subscription for A quietly and marks
   it nomail, perhaps adjusting the name to include UNSUB, or some such string.

Cheers, Wayne