I have NOT checked the accuracy or applicability of the above, but represents a jumping off point for further discussion e.g. Valdis' comments.

Pete Weiss
"I've been archived"

On 3/23/2017 11:22, Brent Hetland wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Thanks MUCH for the replies so far!

By "Inactive or Disabled" I mean that I want to keep the list and archives and all of its configuration settings "as-is", I just don't want subscribers to be able to send mail to it or even see it if they log in to the ListServ web UI. To non-owners and non-admin, it should be as if the list no longer exists. Then later if I wanted subscribers to be able to use / see the list / post to it again, I'd "Activate or Enable" it.

Thanks,
Brent

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Valdis Kletnieks
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2017 11:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Disabling a List or making it Inactive

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 14:55:10 -0000, Brent Hetland said:

We know how to create and delete a list, but can a list be made
Inactive or Disabled? I've searched the web and the documentation and don't see anything.
What meaning/semantics are you trying to achieve?

There are the HOLD and FREE commands that allow you to stop mail processing for a given list.

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link: