Dear LSTOWN-L readers,

Following my actions regarding our earlier exchange with subject “new subscribers not to have to undergo approval from a list owner”: the list now accepts a new subscriber (myself, from a new address) and allows a message from that address to go to the list without a list owner's approval.  The subscriber must still confirm, as intended.

Now I have a different question.  Having updated the header and tested the list successfully, I sent a command

·         QUIET SET <LISTNAME> NOREVIEW FOR *.*

which would supposedly set all subscriptions to NOREVIEW that are not already so indicated.

The list has approx. 2,000 subscriptions.  I got back a report listing one of these statements for each subscriber:

·         subscription options updated for <address>

·         specified options already in effect for <address>

Except that I didn't get a report for all 2,000-odd subscriptions.  I got a report for 235 subscriptions, just over 10% of them.  Can anyone explain why I didn't get a report for the rest of the subscribers?

Sincerely - Ian

Ian Fairclough

George Mason University

703-993-2938

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link: