Following Pete Weiss's suggeston I sent a QUERY command as in the first line below, and found something I don't understand.  It didn't give info about my gmail subscription, but instead about my "work" address, the one in the list header.

Does this shed any light on the situation?  Or does the paragraph beginning "There is no  LISTSERV server at GMAIL.COM"?

- Ian

> QUERY MARCEDIT-L [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

MARCEDIT-L:

NOMAIL         You have temporarily turned off your subscription and will

               not receive any mail from the list

SUBJECTHDR     Full (normal) mail headers with list name in message

               subject

NOREPRO        You do not receive a copy of your own postings

ACK            Short e-mail acknowledgement of successfully processed

               postings

Subscription date: 15 Apr 2014

There is no  LISTSERV server at GMAIL.COM. The syntax  of LISTSERV commands

does not usually require you to give the name of the site where the list is

located.  You  may want  to  try  again with  just  the  name of  the  list

(IFAIRCLOUGH43302).

One matching entry found.

Ian Fairclough
George Mason University