Hi Ron,

1. Look at your logs when a post is made to your list.  What do the logs show?
  2. Look at the Notebook= line in your list header.  Does the path physically exist on the server, exactly as it shows in the Notebook= line?  Do the permissions on that folder allow user account which runs listserv (typically listserv, but it may be different) both read and write access to the archive folder?

Note:  The dashboard only shows you what’s in the Notebook line in your list header. That doesn’t mean the path actually exists.  You’ll have to check it to be sure.  You can check the permissions at the same time.

1. Can you access the older archives up to May?  If you can, look at your May archives and especially the last posting.  Does it look okay?  Sometimes the archives can have an incomplete message, particularly if there was a server issue, or a quota issue…  You may need to edit the most recent archive file to remove any corrupted or incomplete message.  Consult the List Owner’s manual for details on accessing your archives by mail, if necessary.
  2. Reindex the archives and see if that helps.  (REINDEX BOTH <yourlistname> )

Note:  This can be resource intensive if you have large archives.  You may want to plan this for off-peak times to avoid adversely affecting the performance for other lists.

As mail is flowing, it’s most likely a problem with the path to the folder, proper permissions or possibly diskspace issues (quotas?), but I’d start with your logs.

Hope this helps.

Tad

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Ron Beatteay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply-To: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:10 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Help!!

Hi all,

I'm trying to troubleshoot my listserv.  It will send out emails
to some addresses, but it won't archive anything.  Hasn't since
May.  I've been using the LSoft system since 2003 so I don't
want to lose everything.  Is there a checklist of things I can do,
or other things I can try like rebooting the server?  Hopefully it's
just something simple.  I don't have the money LSoft is asking
for hands on help, so I thought I'd start here to get some advice.

Thanks in advance!

Ron 

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1