Thanks, Pete. I’ll suggest that to the C18-L listowner -- though I expect that, like me, he’s not had many complaints about it.

Yeah, I have sent the bad email to myself, both at gmail and at an account supplied by Canadian Web Hosting, and couldn’t find anything in it at either. I’m not sure that forwarding it might change things, though; and I can’t either recreate the mail (because it happens only with replies) or simply bounce/redirect it. My old email client, PMail, let me do that, but it’s mostly been disabled because of the opportunity for deception it allowed.

Maybe I’ll just put it down to All Saints Day – or, even better, All Hallow’s Eve.

-- Russ
From: LISTSERV List Owners' Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter M. Weiss
Sent: November-02-17 3:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: blocked attachments

I've had good success with this listserv list definition:

* Attachments= NO,filter

YMMV

Also, try sending the "bad" email to yourself, perhaps at a different email address, and then look at the raw data e.g., MIME headers, etc.  That will give you clues.

[or maybe it was a listserv prank on All Saints' Day? ;-) ]