I have an Owner who sends to multiple lists from one resource SMTP email address.  He is now receiving SPAM notifications from ListServ where he sends an *almost* identical message to multiple lists within a short period of time.  The only difference in the messages are the recipient address and the name of the server which is very close in name (3-6 unique chars out of 12-15 total) due to naming conventions.  The Owner is requesting that we whitelist the smtp address of the sender.  We try to avoid whitelisting due to potential security risks, so I suggested the Super/Sub-list solution or adding a time stamp or greeting text to make each notification clearly unique but my suggestions were rejected. 

At this time, the Send settings on the list allow subscribers, Owners and Editors to send without confirmation.  The Owner has added the sending address as a subscriber to the many lists.  Would it help to add the sending address as an Owner of the lists or is our only alternative to whitelist the address if the Owner is not amenable to my suggested solutions?

Thank you

Janice

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1