From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Brett W. Watts
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2018 18:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Getting Winmail.dat files from users just migrated to Office 365

Hello Everyone,

We are in the process of migrating our college to Office 365.  So far, it has gone smoothly but there have been those “Didn’t think of that” glitches.

One of the biggest ones is that migrated users that send messages to a mailing list with a digest format, has the message arrive in plain text with a Winmail.dat attachment.

Has anyone had this issue before with Office 365?  The problem seems to be that the Digest format is turned into the Microsoft NTEF format, then Listserv put it in Digest format then sends it out to the mailing list subscribers but when it gets back to Office 365, Office 365 does not know how to handle the file so it creates a winmail.dat file.

I have found instruction on how to turn off the TNEF format on Office365 in the remote domains but have not set up that fix as of yet.  But the issue is that I don’t want to turn off the TNEF format for all outside domains since that would kill any Outlook functions ..

Please let me know if anyone has a had anything similar happen with Listserv and Office 365.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Brett

========
Brett Watts