> On Aug 23, 2018, at 3:01 PM, Shinn Wu <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> We used ListServ 16.0 HPO in Solaris.
>
> There are some lists have the setting:
>
> ACK=YES
>
> Unfortunately, one of the lists was under attack.  There were 5,000+ times since two days ago.  The spammers used faked email, therefore bounced the acknowledge (confirmation) to the unknown victims.

We had a similar problem about 5 years ago; so-called bounceback spam. It got us on a number of spam databases. We were getting about 300 of these per hour. At the time we had an excellent and skilled senior admin (retired Air Force colonel who had worked mostly in Intelligence). He created a number of postfix filters that essentially eliminated the problem. We still use them today. Note that understanding and using them is not for the faint of heart, however.

Larry
--
Larry Finch
Co-admin, hmssurprise.org <http://hmssurprise.org/>.