Hello,

There are a number of variables here, # of users in the List, # of smtp handlers etc, network links etc.

Subscribers  in a List are processed sequentially perhaps the List can be broken down into smaller Lists – say 5 Lists alphabetically, and then fired off one after the other, a bit of co-ordination but easier to manage/monitor,

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kaminsky,Matthew
Sent: Tuesday, 11 September 2018 1:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Large number of list members

Nope, we’re on a classic license and using it ourselves. Here’s what’s running:

10782 ?        00:01:08 lsv

10783 ?        00:00:00 lsv

10784 ?        00:00:00 lsv

10785 ?        00:00:00 lsv

10782 is the main process while 83, 84, and 85 are the SMTP handlers as defined in SMTP_FORWARD_n. With our Fall term about to start we have a high volume of mail to lists including university wide ones, so having it handed off to the three handlers is a lifesaver.