Hi List,

I am maintaining a Listserv Classic server. One of my list owners wishes to create a list with up to 300.000 recipients, and send them a limited number of messages.

The question is: Will the Listserv Classic version be able to process 300.000 recipients within a reasonable amount of time (say, a few hours max)?

I don't have any experience with such large numbers of recipients. Unfortunately we cannot afford a Listserv HPO license. However, purely from a mailserver point of view, my server resources should be sufficient to handle this large number of recipients.

Apart from a well considered list configuration, is there anything I should take into account when sending this large number of mails?

Just to be sure: We have verified that this list owner is legitimate and is not going to send spam.

Thanks,

Lucas