Thanks, I will check that but netstat showed hat the listserv executable was listening on port 2306.

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of k p <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 3:55:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Error logging into / connecting to ListServ

The most likely explanation is right there in the error message - the LISTSERV process did not start.

On 11/6/2018 3:43 PM, Brent Hetland wrote:

Hi All,

After several years of smooth sailing, all of a sudden today I get the following error when trying to log onto ListServ:

Error during command authentication.

The ListServ website is running on a VM that a company manages, and it appears that the server did restart unexpectedly today (meaning possible config changes may have went into effect, or???), so perhaps they changed something, and I have a support ticket open with them.

I can connect to the SQL Server ListServ database server.

The only connection info I see on the ListServ web server, is an ODBC data source, and that data source also connects to the SQL Server where the ListServ database resides.

Any ideas where to being?

I�ve reached out to ListServ consulting to see if they can get me some support�

Thanks,