How long since the last server reboot? Sometimes the Windows filesystem
gets confused. Sometimes applications get confused, too.

If a restart doesn't solve the issue, then with the LISTSERV process
stopped, go directly to the LISTSERV folder and check for any files
matching the list name, in particular a "listname.LIST" file.... if
present, delete. Then start LISTSERV again.