On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 at 15:19, Jeff Beard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Slightly off-topic, but do you (or does anybody) know how to configure
> Postfix so that it will "accept all mail from LISTSERV unconditionally" and
> still send the bounce message back to Listserv?

I don’t think Postfix does that by default. You or your admin has set up
postfix defensively as you would if it’s reachable from the internet
inbound.

If postfix runs on the same server as listserv, you need to set it so that
internal network IP addresses such as localhost are trusted. This way all
mail from LISTSERV will be queued, not rejected during the conversation.

If postfix then has a problem delivering it can return the mail a few
minutes / days / hours later and LISTSERV will handle.

I’ve run postfix on my CentOS server with Listserv Lite Free edition for
many years. I don’t see this issue, so it is down to your admins anti-spam
security configuration.

James