This is probably unrelated, but, something to check... What's your  MAXBSMTP set to? Maybe this is a really roundabout way of the SMTP server complaining that you're trying to send to too many recipients in each message? I've set our server to 50 so our SMTP server doesn't assume it's a spam attack or something.

But the SMTP server admin really needs to check drive space, IMO.

Krista Landon

On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 4:47 PM Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On Sep 15, 2022, at 3:59 PM, Jon Schwendemann <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

It shows under the listserv.log.
The exchange admin has looked at some things. I think he has a hard time believing it’s exchange since all other mail is fine.

OK. It sounds like the error is probably happening when LISTSERV tries to deliver the mail to its outgoing mail server. Perhaps that’s a different server than your main Exchange server? Anyway you can check LISTSERV’s configuration under ’Server Administration’/’Site Configuration’ in LISTSERV’s web interface and look at the SMTP_FORWARD_N setting. (The similarly-named SMTP_FORWARD setting isn’t normally used to send mail and is probably not relevant here.)

In terms of tracking down the error, looking at the entries in the logs that surround the errors should give you the date and time, which hopefully will give the admin of LISTSERV’s outgoing mail server some additional information on where to look in the logs.

I don’t know the exact context of this error, or how long it’s happening, but I can’t think of a reason why LISTSERV itself would be trying to write files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\data\Queue.

Thanks,
Jacob Haller

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]On Behalf Of Jacob Haller
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2022 2:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: listserv error

Where is the error showing up? In an email, in the LISTSERV log, or elsewhere?

-jwgh

On Sep 15, 2022, at 2:36 PM, Jon Schwendemann <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I am receiving an error in my listserv, that seems to indicate it is an exchange issue.
Insufficient system resources (UsedDiskSpace[C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\data\Queue])

I am running on rhel 7.9, with listserv 16.5
Now, of course I could upgrade listserv, but it was doing fine till just the last couple weeks, when this message cropped up.

My exchange person doesn’t seem to find anything, so I am wondering if there is something else, on the listserv, that could cause this.
Thanks