That is merely an example, and it’s (admittedly) outdated.  That said, there should be links to the official IANA page and to the Microsoft page I referenced.  If not, the links can be found in the List Header Keyword Reference section for Attachments= in the documentation area of our website.

It’s not our intent to provide a detailed list of possible MIME formats (there are hundreds of them) when they are publicly available via official sources cited in our documentation.  Please check the official sources if there is any question.

Nathan

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of deb cady
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2022 7:15 PM
To: LISTSERV List Owners' Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: word attachemnts

Ok, but I got   application/*msword    directly from the online help in v 17   - admin dashboard -- attachments tab

Deb

On Friday, 11 November 2022 at 11:16:07 am GMT-8, Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

The current attachment MIME type for Word is application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document

Those older MIME types are pre-Office 2007.

See https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/office-2007-resource-kit/ee309278(v=office.12)?redirectedfrom=MSDN for instance.