The owner wasn't subscribed.
I checked the subscription of the name that was inserted and their email address was correct.
I told the owner they weren't subscribed and they went ahead and subscribed themselves, and that fixed the issue.  I'm not sure why, but it looked like it was pulling a name to fill in the blank, from the subscribers list, because the Owner didn't have a name set.

Krista Landon

On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 11:21 AM King, Margaret <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

My guess is that the first time this owner tried to add this subscriber to the list, he or she absentmindedly typed Subscribe instead of Add. This could change the owner’s own name entry. It happens from time to time here. They should use the Register command to fix their own name.

Margaret King

Michigan State University

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Krista
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2023 11:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Wrong name on message to new subscriber, but correct email.

A list owner reported that the emails that are going out to subscribers, once they have been added (manually) are showing the correct email address of the owner but the wrong name for that owner.

Example:
You have  been added  to the  TEST mailing  list (Name of list) by WRONG NAME <[log in to unmask]>.

The owner is not subscribed to their own list, I noticed. The person whose name is being inserted is, but has the appropriate email address, for them.

Any idea how this could be happening?

Krista Landon