Should LISTSERV  stop processing  incoming files  when it  has been  placed in
OFFLINE status?  This would be very  easy to implement -  all I have to  do is
'LSVIUCV RDROFF'  and 'RDRON'  when ONLINE  is issued.  But then  this implies
that:

1. You can't send an ONLINE command as a file.

2. You  won't receive any kind  of message if  you mail something or  submit a
   job. LISTSERV  will just  act as  a 'black  hole' and  won't tell  you it's
   offline.  It  wouldn't  be  practical  to open  the  files,  determine  the
   originator, tell them "sorry I'm offline" and close them HOLD.

Comments?

  Eric