Due to the fact that I'm  leaving Rutgers soon, I've lately become
very interested  in the quality  of the Node Adminstrator  and Netwide
support in  LISTSERV.  The  "SIGNOFF * (NETWIDE"  command does  a real
nice job, but there are a few Netwide commands missing:

   FUI/AFD LIST (NETWIDE          To list all files you're AFDed/FUIed to.
   FUI/AFD DEL * * * (NETWIDE     To drop all files you're AFDed/FUIed to.
   QUERY * (NETWIDE               To list all lists you're subscribed to.

    The FUI/AFD  LIST and QUERY  commands are a  little serendipitous,
but the FUI/AFD  DEL is a real  necessity.  I managed to  build an AFD
LIST (NETWIDE  by sending an  AFD LIST command  to all 187  entries in
PEERS  NAMES, but  that  caused a  lot  of "no  AFDs  here" mail  that
wouldn't have been generated by a  real (NETWIDE option.  But at least
I managed to find all the files I'm AFDed to.

    The other half of this is Node Administrator support.  From my NAD
account, A024110, I  found to request that A024012's  AFD's be deleted
..."  commands), I  needed to  know "his"  password.  "No  problem," I
said, "I'll just find  it out." I sent off a  "PWC QUERY A024012", and
found to  my surprise that  the PWC  command is only  for Postmasters,
NADs can't use it.  So there isn't any way for a NAD to alter the AFDs
and FUIs of his/her users without  a password that he/she can't learn.
Support similar to the NAD support in the DELETE command would be real
useful here.

Ross Patterson
Rutgers University, for now.