>Well, to each her own and all that, but I'd not see it as a "feature" unless
>it were a feature that I configure to not turn on.  It simply makes less
>space available for the real subject information in the subject line.
>
>It also still has the look and feel of a kludge for people who have
>incredibly lame mail readers....
>
>dan

I think it would be great to have it as an option to turn off or on. My mail
program sorts by: Subject, sender,size, time, date Thats about it. If I have
mail coming in from three lists from folks all over without a similar item in
common that I can categorize with it's a mess to handle. GUess my mail program
is crap!!
I agree long subjects get messy , I choose just the INitials for my group when
setting up a subject line wiht majordomo, my users loved it. Better to have that
than dealing with newbies constantly bugging for some way of telling what is
what without opening first.