At 04:45 PM 1/27/97 -5, you wrote:
>The super-list is the equivalent of posting to all sub-lists, minus
>the duplicates, so you must have MAIL on at least ONE of the
>subscriptions if you are to receive the messages sent to the
>super-list. You CAN subscribe to the super-list itself, if you want
>to receive messages to the super-list but not to any of the
>sub-lists. (If you have DIGEST or INDEX set on one of the sub-lists
>that counts the same as MAIL--there is no DIGEST or INDEX option on
>the super-list.)

Plus, if I understand the question correctly, the nomail folks won't
matter....since they won't be bothered by the fact that listserv will be
down a while.  Personally, if it was less than 6-12 hours that you would be
down, I wouldn't notify them anyway.  There are so many places and ways
that listmail can be blocked that long at one end or the other, they'll
probably not even notice.

dan