At 10:05 AM 3/13/97 -0500, you wrote: >I have to wonder if there is something Strange, Unusual, Bizzare, and Evil >in the America Online interface, that encourages/allows people to become >accidentally subscribed to mailing lists. Can anybody in the AOL Padded >Cell Environment comment on whether this is true or not? Nope. not that i know of. however, I've noted that the addresses by the folks trying to unsub are DIFFERENT from the ones they signed up as. Maybe screen names are identical to aol, i don't know....but they sure aren't to listserv. HEY AOL DUDES. Ya gotta UNSUB from the same SCREEN NAME you used when you SUBBED. Besides, whoever thought of as stupid a name as screen names.... cyclops > >-- > Valdis Kletnieks > Computer Systems Engineer > Virginia Tech > > > >--==_Exmh_-1599289006P >Content-Type: application/pgp-signature > >-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE----- >Version: 2.6.2 > >iQCVAwUBMygXvdQBOOoptg9JAQEHJwQAprFG7+8CoLtcQPN7H2yvCr8TYN/BXUPV >h4nup3GzpOjwYL9gBNXlc1pdNySm+XnWbepg6DosFb6/eHdXU8sCrSEDjzpDEY5A >WuUxtngwKqzDdRSYqZOXtiTc+aeb8GJI1JzHGTLcUTMg+o5Eb+pgof4GNQea3Qx/ >zTfQ4NeFJv0= >=S4aF >-----END PGP MESSAGE----- > >--==_Exmh_-1599289006P-- > Dan Lester [log in to unmask] In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Erasmus, 1534