On Thu, 2 Oct 1997 18:32:11 GMT Ben Parker said:
>On Thu, 2 Oct 1997 13:21:25 -0400, John Worrell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>When I pull a list back to change, I see the following:
>>
>>[log in to unmask] (No Name Available)
>>           1AAASACx9R
>>
>>I know the codes after column 72 is for some settings.  My question is
>>there a document available to find out what each letter in each column means.
>

>There is a (non Lsoft approved) document but it is valid only for ver 1.8b
>and earlier, it is specifically NOT valid for ver 1.8c and later.
I'd like to see it.  The only one I've found is pre 1.8a.

>Your mailer word-wraps the lines and the codes are position-dependant so
>you will not get the expected effect and may destroy your list.  Directly
That is a problem with your mailer.  Mine doesn't word wrap.

>editing the codes or even the entire address line in the list is
>specifically advised against by Lsoft.  Other means exist for changing user
True, but not the original question.

>options  (SET listname option FOR user@address)
Fine, but I want to present the output from QUERY in a more tabular
format that I find much more readable.  I promise not to edit things.

>Also, if you are changing only list header, use the GET listname (HEADER
>command to get only the list header and not include the subscriber names.
Very good advice.  Now if I can remember to do this.

>--
> Ben Parker .....(Oak Park IL -> Denver CO) ..... [log in to unmask]
/ahw