I received something similar when a users system sent an autoreply notice to the "Welcome to the list" message that is generated when we add the e-mail address as a subscriber. As of yet, we don't know how to trap the "auto reply" messages before they get distributed to the entire list. Mike Smith ______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________ Subject: Concerned with Auto-reply messages Author: Thomas Wolff <[log in to unmask]> at Internet Date: 1/28/98 11:00 AM As a new list owner, I have some start up questions. I don't know if I should submit this to LSTOWN-L or LSTSRV-L, so please understand that I have sent it to both. Opinions on which is more appropriate will be heeded next time. My first concern is how the system handles "auto-reply messages" (as our corporate cc:Mail system calls them.). If the subscriber receives messages while away and while the e-mail system has the auto-reply function on, a message will be sent back to the list automatically. Clearly, subscribers don't want autoreply messages broadcast to them. I did a test with my auto-reply mode on for my cc:Mail package and SET REPro for our discussion list BUSINT-L. This caused a sample message that I sent to be posted back to me. The auto-reply message was generated and, fortunately, not sent to the whole list. Somehow the message got rerouted and, as list owner, I got the following message: The enclosed mail file has been identified as a delivery error for list BUSINT-L because it was sent to the reserved 'owner-busint-l' mailbox. The rest of the message is appended at the end of this note if it helps anyone. My questions, to which I haven't found answers in the manual although they might be there, are: How did the system know to do this? What is the reserved 'owner-busint-l' mailbox and does it serve other purposes? As list owner, can I shut off these messages to me because I don't want to see all the auto-reply messages either? Any help is much appreciated. Tom The return message in full: The enclosed mail file has been identified as a delivery error for list BUSINT-L because it was sent to the reserved 'owner-busint-l' mailbox. ------------------------------ Message in error------------------------------- Return-Path: <[log in to unmask]> Received: from corpmx01 by listserv.hou.amoco.com (SMI-8.6/SMI-SVR4) id JAA28802; Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:51:50 -0600 From: [log in to unmask] Received: from listserv.hou.amoco.com by corpmx01 (SMI-8.6/SMI-4.0) id JAA12769; Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:41:54 -0600 Received: from chieosm3.amoco.com by listserv.hou.amoco.com (SMI-8.6/SMI-SVR4) id JAA28799; Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:51:41 -0600 Received: from localhost (root@localhost) by chieosm3.amoco.com with SMTP (8.7.6/8.7.3) id JAA03569 for [log in to unmask]; Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:55:34 -0600 (CST) X-OpenMail-Hops: 3 X-OpenMail-Autoreplied: TRUE Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:55:30 -0600 Message-Id: <"AUTOANS-06175074*"@MHS> In-Reply-To: Subject: Autoreply Message MIME-Version: 1.0 TO: [log in to unmask] Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; name="Auto" Content-Disposition: inline; filename="Auto" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable content-length: 333 This is a test autoreply message.