> For existing list, then the owner issues the command
>
> QUIET SET listname REPRO FOR *@*
>
> This assumes that the poster is NOT set to NOMAIL and that IF topics are
> defined, that the topic posted is one that the subscriber has SET
> (implicitly or explicitly).

Some of us are slow of wit, Pete.  I was puzzling over this, why would
NOMAIL have anything to do with resetting all subs to REPRO.  Finally it
clicked. if a person is set nomail, but still posts, it does not matter
whether the sub is repro or not, nomail takes precedence.  Is that correct
interpretation of what you said?    Douglas