Ask your listserv-maintainer about the advisability of such a course of action. It does not keep people from being able to post to the list if they EDIT their replies. Please see below for my standard blurb. It is effective (over time). Most of the recipients of our list appreciate not having to read the same material over and over in replies, including any signatures and banners. leftDear If you want this distributed to all of xxxxxx-L, you will need to remove the original "headers" that you included in your reply: the software does not allow you to include them, thinking that it is a "loop." Additionally, please remove all other original signatures and text NOT essential for context -- sometimes all you will need is a relevant SUBJECT: RE: line in your reply. Otherwise, simply forward to your intended correspondent. Thanks. Pete Weiss at Penn State