Glenn Alperin wrote:

>This seems rather nonsensical to me.  There is little use in maintaining a
>subscription by owner list if all you are going to do is blindly add
>people to the list upon their supposed request.

I absolutely agree. But I know they exist. I once had a spammer that was
annoyed that I reported him. So he tried to subscribe me to a couple
hundred mailing lists. Some that were subscribe by owner signed me up!

>  Perhaps the intended
>purpose of such owners is to have review by owner?

I have no way of knowing. But the incident has a happy ending. The fellow
that subscribed me to all the lists was caught. Since software to do the
bombing was found on his machine at work he was terminated.

Don.