I can understand your point but I still think this should be optional and I will try to explain why. The list is an "announcement only" and the risk of getting spammed seems a bit over exaggerated. The lists purpose is to make it possible for union members to get fast information from their organisation. All messages will have a bottom banner explaining how to end the subscription pointing to a web page with easy instructions. Since most of them access the list from their home PCs, the idea of having a time limit to confirm the subscription doesn't appeal to them. We have had some criticism about that. Many of them do not access their e-mail on a daily basis and sometimes a week or more goes by between their on line occasions. I have also experienced other lists with web interfaces that do not require subscription confirmation, for instance [log in to unmask], and was just seeking to find out if we had made some mistakes when configuring our list. So I still wonder, can we do it? Goeran -----Ursprungligt meddelande----- Från: Pete-Weiss [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Skickat: den 19 juli 1999 14:25 Till: LSTOWN-L Kopia: Pete-Weiss Ämne: Re: Subscribers confirmation There may be a parm somewhere, but LISTSERV(R) was designed that WEB interfaces require the email confirmation. This is both a courtesy to your existing subscribers as well as prevention of third-party spam. If you manage to turn OFF confirmation, please let us know which lists so that *I* can unsubscribe. /Pete At 02:53 07/19/1999 Monday , G ran Larsson wrote: >We have an announcement list with a web interface for subscription. The >strange thing is that although we have > >*Subscription= Open > >without the Confirm command, subscribers still get the confirmation >mail and have to send in an OK to get on the list. > >Why is that? Can anyone help us? We use Listserv 1.8d.