Jacob-

I am sorry to bother you again but I have been unable to clear up the problem I am having with someone else's name appearing in the TO field of the listserv mailings that come to me (instead of my name as list owner and editor) -- when someone mails a request to the listserv it comes to me but has Dr. XXXX's name in the TO field, also when someone posts a message by email to the list they get confirmation that the message has been forwarded to Dr. XXX (instead of me) for approval. Through the WWW interface, today I posted a second message with my name in the COMPOSE A MESSAGE page (because several weeks ago I had sent off a message for this Dr. XXX - and had put his name in the Your Name blank- and since then have had the problemes with his name appearing on the e-mails to the listserv and as the default name in the COMPOSE A MESSAGE site). I just checked the site to see this action somehow switched it back to my name, but the default name is still Dr. XXXX and not mine! 

Can you give me any idea of how I can change this setting? Or set my NAME in the configuration (my e-mail address is there as editor) so that I can take care of this problem?  I don't think this is just a Microsoft Outlook problem because all of the e-mails (not having to do with the listserv) come to me with my name in the TO field.  I am really frustrated with this as noone seems able to help me. I would appreciate any help or suggestions- and please ask any questions to clarify points.

Thanks so much for your help.

Patricia Owen

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 1999 1:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Any help for a newbie??

>Hello-
>
>
>2. I posted an edited message from one of the subscribers (through the
>WWW interface) and now many of the messages are coming to my listserve
>address but have his name in the TO field. When I go to this Compose a
>New Message page (by clicking on Post to the List at the WWW Listserv
>Archives page) the name of this subscriber is present as the default.
>How can I change this back to my name?

I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what's going on here.  I
suspect this has  a lot to do with how your email client is
displaying things; I'm not sure what it translates to in terms of
what is actually being sent.  Sorry.