Print

Dear EmailRules Community,

Email discussion lists as we know them today got their start in academia, with Eric Thomas' development of LISTSERV(R) software in 1986. Naturally, the technology has evolved tremendously since then, and newer social media have emerged. Yet the unique ability of opt-in email discussion lists to nurture collaborative research and profession-based knowledge exchange continues to prove itself, day after day, through lists that not only thrive but  advance the body of knowledge and sense of community, making a lasting imprint on their respective fields.

We invite you to read two new case studies spotlighting the persistent power and tangible impact of email discussion lists.

Learn how JISCMail enables 1.38 million subscribers in UK education and research to engage, connect, collaborate, discuss, share and champion their work:

http://www.lsoft.com/customers/jiscmail.asp

Discover how FundSvcs, Grand Prize Winner of The Mailys 2013-14, unites and empowers the advancement services profession across 24 countries:

http://www.lsoft.com/customers/fundsvcs.asp

Best Regards,
Susan Brown Faghani, L-Soft