Email that Pops: Customize for Attention + Familiarity in a Sea of Messages

Ensuring your organization's important email messages are seen and acted upon is paramount. Despite a significant drop in spam throughout 2021, nearly half of all email messages are still spam (Statista, 2022). The takeaway? Your recipients may delete or flag non-spam messages, assuming they are spam.

Of course, that's largely out of your control -- beyond asking your subscribers to add your sender name to their address books and trusted senders so that they'll actually get your messages. But what about making sure your recipients don't ignore your message? After all, it's one of many striving to surface from the deep blue inbox.

Here's one solid technique for helping your email messages catch your recipients' attention, and it's within your control: Customization.

Every organization wants and needs its emails to stand out for best results. A major strategy to achieve that is to create a sense of familiarity for your brand. This way, your VIPs -- aka, subscribers -- will instantly recognize and trust your messages.

Customization may sound fancy and complicated, but with the customization features in LISTSERV®, you can easily create a strong and seamless user experience for your audiences. With the focus on getting your email seen by your recipients, start with newsletter or announcement templates. Simply add your colors, logos and design elements using the pulldown menus and input boxes -- no HTML or CSS coding needed -- and voila! You can also customize your site, lists, web interface and list archives.

Check out these helpful video tutorials and get customizing!

1. How do I create a LISTSERV newsletter?
https://youtu.be/_eJ3ew30Bxg

2. How do I create or modify HTML newsletter templates in LISTSERV?
https://youtu.be/4L0B0SKBwfM

3. How do I customize the look of my LISTSERV site?
https://youtu.be/k1mRayilRXw

4. How do I customize the look of my list archives?
https://youtu.be/CfV1waDOrlk

Customization is one of many features covered in the upcoming LISTSERV Email Course -- it's free, online and open to all. Ready to dive into all the knowledge you’ll need to work with email, the top channel for professional communications and digital marketing?

Each week you'll learn key tasks to create and manage email newsletters, announcements, discussion groups and communities -- and you'll add marketable skills and a new software package to your growing resume.

Stay tuned to this blog, the LISTSERV at Work newsletter and social media for updates and course launch.