Elizabeth <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:46:13 -0400
Keep in mind that you probably have a cookie already set, so you can get
into the archives without a password.  Try from another address.  Same thing
happened to me when I first set the Notebook to private.  I could access the
archives, so I thought it wasn't working, but it was.

Elizabeth
Gardens Listowner
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Gardening

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Russ Hunt
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Keeping email addr's out of archives

I must have asked this question wrong.

How do I configure a list so that only people with a password
can get access to email addresses in the archive?  I've been
looking through the help menus, and I must be looking in the
wrong places. It's probably obvious, but it's escaping me.

-- Russ

> I've got my notebook=private on --
>
> Notebook= Yes,/listserv/archives,Monthly,Private
>
> But when you go to the list archive, addresses are displayed.  I
> know there's a way to set it so that you have to log on to see
> the email addresses (I've seen other lists so configured), but I
> seem not to be achieving that.  Help?
St. Thomas University
http://www.StThomasU.ca/~hunt/