"Lawrence B. York" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 10 May 1997 10:20:47 -0400
On 10 May 97 at 16:52, Zainab wrote:

> Previously I have PUT the MAILTPL file the icluded >>>INFO only.
>  Now, if I need to PUT TOP_BANNER or BOTTOM_BANNER,  do I have
> to PUT the INFO again as well?

   Yes.  You should GET your current version, add the sections you
wish to add, then PUT it back to make sure you don't accidentally
eliminate anything.  As an extra measure of safety you should also
keep a copy of any files you PUT to listserv (except for your header
-- unnecessary to keep a copy of that unless you'd like it for
reference).  In this way if you do make any mistakes and wipe out
some information, you can simply restore it from your backups (how
many times have people preached about backups and computers over the
years!).

   To answer your second question directly.  If you PUT a new
version, it will replace the old version effectively wiping out
anything that was there.

   I hope this helps.

Larry

Lawrence B. York