Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 28 Dec 1996 23:10:05 -0700

>Why 50? I can't imagine anybody having a good reason to mass-subscribe to
>49 mailing lists at the same time. Why not set the threshold to 10 or 5 or
>2 ?

   Well, I might go as low as twenty....but not ten or less.  It is common
for people to legitimately sub to a bunch at one time.  e.g. people who
drop off their lists in summer and resume in fall.  sure, they could set
nomail.....but many don't.   also, for someone such as me changing
addresses.  i receive over 20 lists daily.  I don't expect to change
addresses again (as it is my domain and name), but I've sure changed before.

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king.