Thu, 1 Dec 1994 08:31:46 -0600
On Thu, 1 Dec 1994, Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843 wrote:

> Perhaps inadvertently, you have answered your own question: why would
> anyone here want to be misquoted, telephone interviewed, and then hung
> out to dry by the press?  Thank you very little for this opportunity to
> put my foot in my mouth ;-)
>
> I'm convinced that any line that anyone draws, someone somewhere will
> challenge it i.e., try to step over it, and the authority of the folk
> responsible for drawing it.

It's a sad situation, but you're right.  And the sadest part, to me, is
so many out to flaunt or try to obliterate any and all authority,
simply because it is there.  I don't know about the rest of you,
but we generally keep a very low profile, to the point that a lot
of our subscribers don't know who the listowners are, and no one,
in five years, to my knowledge, has been deleted from the list for
anything other than purely technical problems.  I don't mind talking
to the press (I used to be part of it) but I'll only do so in conjuction
with the primary listowner (that's why our interview was a conference
call).

And thanks for all your help, Pete.  Lots of folk, like me, would
still be floundering around in listowner limbo land without you.
And I love those little things you stick in your sig file and change
from time to time.  They're usually topical, current and worth at
least a small chuckle.

Douglas
        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner