Jean Bédard <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:57:05 -0400
 Hi.

> One way to address this issue would be to create a sub-list
> for this list,
> and subscribe the TA to the sub-list.

We did that at the time, creating an "Owners list" for each class, to be used at the Owner= and Sub-Lists= keywords, and even a "control list" for the Send= keyword, but that meant three lists for each class; today, this would mean 11748 lists instead of 3916 for the current session, and we have been asked to always keep three sessions. It was such a huge number of lists that it was hard for LISTSERV, even HPO, and our daily scripts took the night to execute. So now we use Owners lists and control lists only for programs, departments, faculties and for the global students lists, not anymore for classes. Of course, it depends on how many classes you have.

Jean B.