Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:29:25 -0700
On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 08:50:51AM -0500, Dennis Budd wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Tom Rawson wrote:
>
> >message is tough.  To do the kind of editing described here I would
> >forward using the first method, then edit the output file (.PMX I think)
> >before sending -- assuming "send immediately" is turned off.
>
> That's how I'd do it if I didn't have shell access to a Unix account.
> This is the only way I've seen that will work with a Wintel PC mail
> client, unless a similar kludge is available with Eudora, which also
> will not let you edit a "bounced" message.

I don't recall exactly what you're trying to do, but if you want to edit a
message and then send it to LISTSERV using the Resent* feature, it can be
done with Eudora by using the ExtraHeaders option with a personality.
Whenever a message needs to be edited yet appear to originate from the
original sender, the "lstmgr" personality is selected.

There are details in the archives at
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lstown-l.html
with subject: "Software for bouncing (resending) unsubbed message?"
I believe my last post on the subject was on 22 Jun 1999.

Regards,

-rex