George Frajkor <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 15:07:54 -0500
Stephens, Larry V wrote:

> True, but american.edu is out of the picture (since no one is responding
> there) and I think the people with the newest gateway - at least the one I'm
> using - read this list.

    American is disntinuing all its listserv services to groups
outside the university.   Unortunately, they seem to have chosen to do
so without notice,  without giving much time to move the lists and
without an outline of plans to help move lists membership rolls and
archives.
   My own list Journet-L has apparently already been discontinued
before I could evn reply on my efforts to find a new host.  Which
means I cannot even inform my members to prepare for a move.

   does anyone have some influence with the administrators at
American?  I cannot complain about the service they rendered us for a
long time, but this latest  move and the lack of replies from the
administration saddens me a lot.

    Jan George Frajkor                      _!_
 School of Journalism, Carleton Univ.      --!--
 1125 Colonel By Drive                       |
 Ottawa, Ontario                            /^\
 Canada K1S 5B6                         /^\     /^\
 [log in to unmask]      /   [log in to unmask]
  o: 613 520-7404   fax: 613 520-6690  h: 613 563-4534