"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 11:54:00 EDT
>  Received this message from someone today.  I don't know why this
>person is receiving mail from our list if she is not subscribed.  We have
>one person with a similar address on our [log in to unmask]
>but there really should be no mixup there.  Any idea why this person
>might be getting our list mail.  She is not on our list of subscribers!
>As far as I know there is noone on our list that redistributes it elsewhere.

LISTSERV is quite literal about subscriber addresses viz. poster's
FROM: field.

Subscriber addresses can and do change.  Frequently the subscriber
can still RECEIVE mail sent to the old address, but does NOT
generated (or REPLY to) mail FROM that old address.

Soooooooooo, delete the old subscription for that user and be
done with it.

And remember: e-mail is not symmetrical.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask] "Never confuse the messenger with the message"