Dave Hause <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 11:59:57 EST
  Cross posted to CCMAIL-L and LSTOWN-L

  Gentlefolk,
        I'm seeking help in making a restricted list's messages come through
  our gateway again.  I have been subscribed to one open and one restricted
  list from a single listserv for some time, and recently the restricted list
  quit coming through, although the cc:Mail administrator can see messages
  from it trapped in the gateway (the gateway affixes ".TO" to messages that
  it approves, and ".BAD" to those it rejects) but we don't see the rejection
  reason.  The open list comes through OK.

        I next subscribed to a second restricted list on the same listserv
  from this and another account (CompuServe) (subscribed CS also to the first
  two.)  All three lists come through to CompuServe, and the new restricted
  list comes in to cc:Mail.  I am also subscribed to the first two lists from
  our Unix system, where both come in fine.  Both restricted lists have
  essentially identical message headers, although the open list follows a
  different path.  The listserv administrator (distant site) says both
  restricted lists are configured alike and puts the ball back in our court.

        Our traffic comes in to an HP-UX system connected to our gateway,
  Lotus SMTPlink v. 2.03.  We would appreciate any suggestions as to what
  might cause the gateway to trap/reject one restricted list and not the
  other.

  TIA
  Dave

  DAVID W. HAUSE            Office of the Armed Forces Medical Examiner
  LTC, MC, USA              Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
  Deputy Medical Examiner   Washington, DC 20306